Friday, June 6, 2008

Tippers (AppleJack)

Ok ok, so my husband and I have strange pet names for each other, the baby and of course, the big baby (so called because at 18 lbs, she is the largest dog in the family). But Tippers, or TipperTot or The Baby or Toes or Apple-ie-Toes (as her Grampy calls her) had a stressful day yesterday. Rick and I left work early, since we had an abbreviated lunch break, and were home by 4:30ish. When we got home, The Baby greeted us like usual, but we noticed that her "I'm so glad to see you" whimper was much more high pitched than it normally is. It sounded more like she was crying. She was loving on Rick and then started to walk over to me when we noticed that she wasn't putting any weight on her back right leg. She was crying!! She was hurt!! Well, in case you haven't figured this out, I'm pregnant. I can't handle the Tippers being hurt not pregnant, but I REALLY can't handle it pregnant. So, I suggest we scurry on to the vet since I knew they would close at 5:00. We rush up there and see the doctor. He said that she has strained a ligament in her knee. So he gave her a shot of Cortisone for inflammation and the canine variety of Celebrex for her to take for 6 days. My poor baby!!! How did it happen? We have no idea. However, there was a baby shower gift left at the front door by Mr. UPS so we imagine that on her way to greet Mr. UPS she either jumped straight down from somewhere high, or she got it tangled in a blanket as she jumped up to run to the door. Either way, she was utterly pitiful and it broke my heart! Apple is a 7 year old Chihuahua-Dachshund mix and I love her more than any human should love an animal. She is my baby!!


7 weeks old


Watching TV with her Daddy


Helping her Daddy check his email


Loving on her Mommy



No comments: