Monday, October 6, 2008

240 days down...40 to go!!

I realized today that we found out we were expecting when we were just 5 weeks pregnant and now...we have just over 5 weeks to go...craziness!

A very special delivery came this weekend! Joseph Henry Ewing was born on October 4 at 7:something in the morning (West Coast time). My BFF, Sarah called me at 5:30 Central time (3:30 her time) to tell me that her water had broken and that she and her husband, Matt were on their way to the hospital!! A very unfair 4 and a half hours later...including a whooping 20 or so minutes of pushing...Joe was born! When I get a picture from her, I will put it up here!

Tis the season for everyone to get sick...so the baby and I have been attempting to hold our breath. But then I realized...oxygen is pretty important to a growing fetus. So, I am taking my chances and breathing again. Everyone...GET WELL!!

We hit 33 weeks not so long ago. Here is our picture:


This past weekend was the Alabama v. Kentucky game. It was a doozie. I'm sure ole Nick had a lot to say to the boys in the locker room. But, alas, we did win the game. We are 6-0, we are still number 2 in the nation and we are...bowl eligible! Woohoo! :) We had some family join us for the game. My grandmother, Juanita; my Aunt Laurie and her husband Randall; and my cousin Karie and her sweet brand new baby girl Maerrick (aka Meri, Lulu, Peanut) all came up. Laurie and Randall went to the game with Rick and my dad and Grandmother, Karie, Lulu, mom and I stayed home. 85 degrees is pretty hot when you are nearly 8 months pregnant. So, we thought the comfort of our air conditioned living room was a great place to tune in to the game. Plus, mom is one of the sickies I mentioned earlier. She has been diagnosed with Pneumonia and spend Thursday night in the ER with a severely pulled muscle in her back from coughing. We're wondering if she has broken a rib as well. GET WELL MOM!!!

Here is a sweet shot of Little Lulu and her mommy at Newk's. The picture is dark because I didn't want to blind little Meri with the flash:



This weekend was also our fourth baby shower. This one was given by the ladies in our Wednesday night Bible study. It was very sweet of them to think of us! Here is a shot of a few of them:





And finally, we have our 34th week photo taken the morning of my shower. This time I got the Daddy in the shot!



We have a doctor's appointment this coming Thursday. After this one, we start going every week. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!?!?! You go every week when you only have a month left...holy cow.

No comments: