Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Santa Rosa Beach

We spent this past weekend at Santa Rosa Beach, Florida with the Mims' (mom, dad, Ash and all of the dogs). It was such a welcomed escape! My parents rented a condo at The Abacos...



And we have pretty much decided that this will be a yearly event. It was perfect! Unfortunately, I didn't take many photos. But, we are steadily recovering from our trip. Why "recovering" you ask? Well, here's what happened to Rick...



My husband is 6'4" and weighs 170 soaking wet. Get it? He's skinny. No one knows how he does it. He could (and he did this while I was on Weight Watchers for the Scale Back Alabama thing at work) eat a double Whopper with Cheese from Burger King everyday for a whole week and LOSE weight. It's a gift. But the point is, you can usually see the bones in his feet. And you can certainly see his ankle bones usually. That's how swollen these puppies are. It's not pleasant. So, I had to do this to him...



Paper towels soaked in Apple Cider Vineager. Seems simple. But if you have ever been this badly burned, you understand that to place a cold, wet paper towel on the afflicted area is torture!! Fun times. Now, the rest of his body is fine. So, we're only looking at skin cancer of the feet.

So that's what happened to Rick. Here's what happened to me...

Little Baby Swatloski has had a bit of a growth spurt recently. He decided that we needed to gain 4 pounds last week. And that may not sound like a lot, but when you consider that since March, when we found out we were pregnant, I have only gained 6 pounds. So to gain 4 pounds in one week is to gain 66% of my initial weight gain or 40% of my total weight gain...IN ONE WEEK!!! That's kind of a lot. So, that weight gain, coupled with walking on sand for two days, makes for very sore knees...moaning in pain during the night sore knees...want to cry because all I am allowed to take for the pain is Tylenol sore knees...sore knees that probably originated thanks in part to Barry Lloyd, April Gilligan and Travis Estler (the three colorguard/winterguard instructors I have had in my life). So, the hubs and I have turned into hobblers. We are quite the pair at work.

We have an appointment with a Cardiologist tomorrow. Not a huge deal, but I have a funny heart thing going on the my OB wants to get checked out. Fun times! I'll let you all know how that turns out! But for now, here we are at 22 weeks...



I think I am pretty much always in this shirt when we take our weekly picture. While it is my favorite since it doesn't have bows to tie in the back, or elastic, I do own other maternity shirts. I'll try to spice it up a bit next time. Maybe I will take another one tomorrow...

No comments: