Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Making his debut this weekend?

We had our doctor's appointment last Friday and still...nothing. So, the doctor wanted us to come back Monday to get an ultrasound to see just how big this little guy is and to find out for certain if he is head down or not (I, of course, had no question that he was indeed head down). The ultrasound estimates that Beebop is around 8 pounds and 1 ounce. This could be off by at least 10 percent in either direction however. The ultrasound also found that Beebop is running low on amniotic fluid. So, the doctor did a non-stress test (they hooked me up to a fetal monitor for 20 minutes to see how his heart is reacting to his environment. This also told us when I was contracting and how he was handling the contractions.) to see if that fact had started to trouble Beebop just yet. Much to our satisfaction, our son is handling his low fluid very well. However, there is potential for the lack of fluid to cause problems. So, the plan is for us to be induced this weekend! Our doctor feels that we need to go ahead and get Beebop out before complications occur. We have another non-stress test to be certain that the baby can hold out until the weekend. If he can, then they will start me on cervidil (to help with dilation) on Friday night and then they will induce us on Saturday morning. YEA!! The baby is coming!! We'll keep everyone posted of course!

This weekend Beebop's Grammy took some naked pictures of us. Ok, well, Beebop is naked, I'm not. Here are my favorites:









And then there is the picture of me, ready to go to Alabama's Homecoming game, decked out in my Men's jersey, with a basketball under my shirt...



1 comment:

elisa said...

The new pictures are priceless! You look amazing for being SO pregnant. My belly got HUGE, but the rest of me swelled beyond recognition. We will definitely be praying for you guys this weekend. You'll be GREAT! Can't wait to hear all about it, and FINALLY see the baby boy!