Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Prayer request...

We went in yesterday for Hunter's two week post-partum appointment. There we were told that Hunter's newborn cystic fibrosis screening came back positive. Rick and I are, of course, very upset at the thought that our child could be afflicted with the incurable disease. The initial screening does not mean that he has CF. However, he was found to have a DeltaF508 mutation which means he is in fact a carrier of the disease. We go to Children's Hospital in Birmingham on December 12 for a sweat test for Hunter. Hopefully that will tell us whether or not he has CF. Rick and I will also be tested on that day to see which one of us has the gene mutation. Please pray that Hunter does not have CF. The hope of this initial test being a false positive has been ruled out. At the very least, he is a carrier. Please pray that is it.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are in the thoughts and prayers of everyone here in Geneva, AL. I know it is really scary right now...but try to stay positive, because you have a beautiful little boy to love and kiss on. Merrick told me the other day she can't wait to meet her cousin Hunter!! I love you guys and will see you on Friday.

Laurie Meeks said...

We have you at the top of our prayer list. As you both know, you are in the arms of a loving God who will not let you go through this alone. Lean on Him....that's what He wants. I can't wait to meet that precious little boy and introduce him to Merrick.......they might have a few things to talk about. We love you all and will see you on Friday.
Aunt Laurie

Vicki said...

I have replaced the prayer in the prayer box that your mother gave me..and I want you to know that our Hunter will never be far from my heart, my thoughts, and especially my prayers. Keep in mind your promise...the "chord of three strands"...you are not alone!
I love you!
Vicki

elisa said...

We will definitely be praying for you guys! Apparently, false positives are quite common, which I know doesn't help much, but know that you are in our prayers. Hunter is SUCH a precious baby! He is definitely blessed to have such amazing parents!

Dallas said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you guys. He is such a handsome little man! Give him lots and lots of hugs and kisses.

Unknown said...

Just found this by snooping around...I didn't know Hunter had arrived. Children's Hospital is a wonderful place having had an infant diagnosed with cancer at 2 months, I know how anxious you are. My prayers are with you. Miracles do happen at Children's....I can tell you that from experience. He is a beautiful baby. Turn this over to the Lord....it will help you so much. Faith is so powerful!! Love to all three of you.