Monday, January 12, 2009

Update on the Swats

I'm so sorry for being so behind. Our little person has kept us very very busy. So...here's the skinny on us:

Praise GOD!! Hunter's sweat test came back negative!! Rick and I are so thankful for all of your prayers. We know they made the difference. The next step for us to get have them test Rick and me to see which one of us has the gene mutation that Hunter has. The parent who does not have that mutation will then be given an entire DNA work over to see if he or she has another of the 1600 possible CF gene mutations. Why does this matter? Future children. We can't go through this again. We have to know if there is a possibility of having a child with CF. If only one of us is a carrier, we are in the clear!


Christmas was wonderful. We spent it n Atlanta with my parents. Hunter slept through his first Christmas, but he was so cute doing it!! Here are a few shots including Hunter's picture with Santa (which he also slept through):

Hunter's first photo with Santa.


On our way to church on Christmas Eve.

The clan at 6:00am Christmas morning.


Hunter...sleeping through Christmas.


The children.

Happy New Year!! This time last year we weren't even pregnant. Now, we have a precious little man in our life.

Rick's mom is in town for two weeks meeting her first grandchild. We're having a blast. My good buddy Travis Estler (wait for it...here it comes) is swooping in this Friday to finish the winterguard show he has started for me. Having a different director situation with my colorguard has left me responsible for coming up with a show. So, what did I do?? I deferred to someone who actually has talent in doing so. Travis is my life saver!! (how'd I do??)

No comments: