Friday, January 30, 2009

The 'Wood and The Babe

Last weekend my winterguard "came out." We went to Pell City, Alabama for our first competition. The girls did great. They had their show on the floor for 7 days before the competition. The other colorguards had their show for at least a month. So, considering the few snags we have had getting this season off and running (our director leaving, the new director (me) giving birth, my one and only staff member being pregnant now, our writer being snowed in during our winter camp, etc.) we were rather impressed. I had the pleasure of running into an old friend at the show. I hadn't seen him in 10 years....yes...a decade. He and I used to teach a group together. I've been doing this colorguard thing for way too long.

The precious little man in my life is currently asleep (on his tummy...don't call family services please...I am sitting right next to him and his airway is not obstructed...and no mom...he isn't rebreathing carbon dioxide...we're safe) on the couch. He is pretty much the sweetest thing I have ever seen. Don't believe me??





He will be 12 weeks old tomorrow.

1 comment:

elisa said...

Wow..Time flies, huh? He is absolutely precious...really. He is such a handsome boy! :) I'd love it if you'd post video of your guard sometime...facebook, blog...whatever! :)